Guppy challenge 2.

Discussion in 'Designerguppy Challenge 2' started by Pierré Schoonraad, Dec 1, 2016.

1. OP
    Pierré Schoonraad

Pierré Schoonraad Rainbow Freak

That is what I hoped for. Should be able to hold the odd 400kg going on it. I might have doubled it's weight with all the wood added. In the centre of each top there is a 50x50 piece of sleeper wood in which you can't see on the photo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rainstorm and WeirdSteam like this.
  2. Guest

3. OP
    Pierré Schoonraad

Not much happening at the moment. Moved 5 males and 10 females from the drop on 21/12/16 to their own tanks.

Move is going slowly, damn hot in Pretoria again. At least I was able to move the breeding stand and finish painting it today.[​IMG]

Now the fishes will slowly start joining the move. Think I must start a thread on this move so other people can learn from my mistakes. Might be interestening as there will be a few diferent methods how the fishes will be moved.

Rainstorm likes this.
  4. OP
    Pierré Schoonraad

Moved the first 2 males from the second female to a seperate tank. Eventhough I had shrimp deaths in the 2 ft the fry are in, with the move, all fry and mothers still doing great. Change in filter sorted the problem out.

Rainstorm likes this.
  5. OP
    Pierré Schoonraad

The move was stressfill for me but definitly not for the femal endlers. Loads of fry dropped today in the moss tank. Way more than the first drop of 5 she had. Can't count them at the moment as they are all hiding in the plants[​IMG]

Out of the first drop of 21/12/16 I have 2 very interesting females. They seem to cary the fathers white body. One of them though looks like her eyes might be red. Not sure if you get a albino for with endlers. [​IMG][​IMG]

Will google a bit tonight to see what I find. Also moved 2 female in the moss tank. Same female that had fry today.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Rainstorm likes this.
  6. OP
    Pierré Schoonraad

Can't believe I havn't updated this in such a long time. The breeding rack is doing very good although breeding slowed down completely during the winter.

Sofar thing are heading in the right direction. Using 4 females for breeding and swopping some of the males around. With the last batch of fry that is showing color I had some platinum males come through again as well as some natural endler colors. Will post some foto's later today.

7. OP
    Pierré Schoonraad

Seeing that we are almost at the end of the year how is all the guppies doing? @WeirdStream @Vis @lennard @matmochrie93 @WaterWalker @Ladysphinx @BoelderBeastie

I'm getting closer to the final product but not there yet. Not breeding true yet but close. Will try and get some pictures tonight

8. Ladysphinx

Ladysphinx

I had a lot of bad luck with my guppies this year. I'm considering trying again this year but a different strain. I already have a new strain I'm considering but spacecis a big problem for me

9. Pezulu

Pezulu

I stopped keeping guppies a few years ago, but keep thinking of resurrecting a small 45cm tank just to keep them again.
    It is the "bread and butter' fish that almost everyone keeps at one time or another.
    The excitement of breeding these livebearers is unlike anything else.

Recent Posts