What would you do if you were a millionare football player?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Good_Times, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Good_Times

Good_Times Kalahari Sandhaai

2. Guest

3. DigiGram

DigiGram

Even for me that is a bit large... I think he must visit monsterfish and have a look at some decent tanks under houses etc., if he can really establish an ecology in there it would be nice, else the bottom 200 fish will never get something to eat :(

4. Jack Stone

Jack Stone Stone Aquaics

Scary what this sucker knows about fish... that thing is 12 meters tall with a surface area of just 4.2m x 90cm... what a k*k tank for a millionare... you can't even snorkel in there....

5. DigiGram

DigiGram

I would go for a much lower tank with larger surface area, some snorkeling, some nice fish, easier light penetration, oxygenation etc. I guess he won't try plants, not even sure how much algae will like that depth :)

6. Jenn

Jenn Retired Moderator

If you read further it says it will actually be 4 separate tanks - 1 for each floor of the house - giving the illusion of 1 huge tank. And it seems he's planning marine. I calculate each tank will be roughly 15ft long x 10ft high x 3ft wide (4.5mx3mx0.9m) That's very odd dimensions for a tank. Only 90cm wide? Unless he's planning lots of schools of smallish fish. I suppose it's his money and he can choose how he spends it.

7. Dirk

Dirk Dwarf Catfish

To me this just goes to show how stupid footballers can be and that they obviously do not know the first thing about aquaria, I mean the glass or acrylic is going to have to be as thick as the acrylic in the big tanks at the Two Ocean Aquarium which is 12 cm thick.

I think we should all just go back to work and dream of what we might want to have if we were millionaires but I do not need that aquarium as a dream, it would be a nightmare more likely!

Blub,

Dirk

8. Marco

Marco Retired Moderator

Hey!!!! I am an Arsenal supporter, there is not a Single negative thing that can be said about Thierry Henry, no matter what he does!

So watch it!

9. pHish_man

pHish_man Discus

The acrylic panels at the I and J predator tank at the Two Oceans aquarium are in fact 28cm.

Guess one needs to dream of being a millionaire in pounds.........

Eish

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  10. Dirk

Dirk Dwarf Catfish

Hi Marco,

I was always a big Thierry Henry fan until he faked that foul in the final between the French and the Italians in, was it the 2006 final, not that there were not other fouls that were faked by other players in that match either. That match actually changed my outlook on soccer completely and told me that unless they introduced a TV ref, then the whole game was rigged and we still do not have a TV ref = I do not watch soccer any more!

Andrew, you are right about the thickness of those panels of course....

Dream on guys.......

Blub,

Dirk

11. Mzungu

Mzungu Threadfin Rainbow

Arse-and-all are playing ok these days. BUT, this does not mean their players are the brightest candles in the chandelier. That tank is destined to be one giant pain in the back side, by the looks of things

12. Marco

Marco Retired Moderator

@Mzungu

Your comments are not appreciated. . .and I smell a whiff of Man-ure on you? Dnt deride the Gunners, we are on the up and wiping the green grass of England with others faces!

@Dirk Bellstedt

I do understand what you mean Prof Dirk. This past weekend it was brought into the Spotlight again with a goal disallowed for "not crossing the line", and then replays showed it clearly crossed the line.
    Unfortunately the ole'stinkers running Football believe its part of the game and should remain so. Of late many complaints about player behaviour, fouls/dives and goal line technology not being used has come to the fore, with commentators even expresiing their disbelief. I think its only a matter of time. Sepp Blatter cant live forever. . .

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  13. Mzungu

Mzungu Threadfin Rainbow

Ha! The audacity of even suggesting I am a supporter of 'that' team! No, never. I am, however, not going to mention who I support, due to our truly drogba... I mean dismal performance this year.

Unfortunately, one can only hope with Blatter, as dictators seem to live forever. I agree with the professor. To me, the game has become a farce, a chance for mega-brands to cash in, and multi-millionaires to boast about the new team they bought.

14. Marco

Marco Retired Moderator

@Mzungu

Apologies. . .could have been worse though, I could have suggested you are a Manshetski supporter, they seem to be growing in numbers.

Its true that money tends to make all things farcical, but I have a deep love for the game so try and look past it. Its because of the big spending clubs that I appre iate Arsenals way of dealing, refusing to break the bank in player acquisition and wage structure. No human being can ever be "worth" £200k a week, its just crazy what these guys get paid. Unfortunately as long as money gets pumped in by spectators and television channels, they can demand whateber they want

15. ASHMAN

ASHMAN

Im one of the man-ure faithfulls, faithful in the sense that the history of the club drew me to them and not the shirt or the trophy cabinet or the fact that we just jumped above a multi million pound club. having said that , it still means that i have much respect for all other clubs and player contributions. i agree with prof about the spectacles that occur on the field. my frustrations came to the fore during the world cup when a particular player handed the ball and subsequently knocked the only african country out. this is football, @Marco , henry is a true arsenal ambassador, a fantastic player that both club and country where fortunate to have. as for arsenal, the best financially run club in all of england ! For a manager to stand firm in a field where the highest bidder gets his way , i have to salute. @Mzungu , its only a matter of time for them to rekindle the old magic. if the billionaire can keep a couch for more than 2 seasons, it can really work out. and last but not least , footballers lives.... its something else entirely , i think its too much too soon. one minute your in a small town playing your football, next you have ten sponsors and a gazillion cameras on you! many fall dramatically , like the old gazza , did i enjoy that mans play , but alcohol got the better of him. even the great best went down that road... that's not just life ... its football...

16. Dirk

Dirk Dwarf Catfish

OK, Guys, I was responsible amongst others for getting this thread off topic, but I think we should get back to the fishtank issue and not the soccer, or else this will never end....

Blub Dirk

17. Lappies

Lappies Lappies

That is a ridiculous idea? He wants to put 300 fish in there? Can't put "monster" fish in there because it is only 3ft (90cm) wide. All that capacity and you can't even put an Arowana in there because it will grow too big to turn around. Who drew the plans for that?? Get somebody with a little savvy and knowledge about fishkeeping to teach this guy what it is all about. I know that he will probably not maintain the tank himself, but good luck to the people who's job that is going to be.

18. OP
    Good_Times

Good_Times Kalahari Sandhaai

I'm not sure, but I think you are referring to the Zidane headbutt match. Not a keen football fan, but that match was a real nail biter with it ending in penalty shootout and all, I was so sure France would win.

Anyway on the topic of celebrity's and fish tanks. Here is another link I found on a american football player that has a a quite beautiful & interesting marine fish tank over his bed (guess he count's his fish at night instead of sheep), but what really baffles me about this guy is his other big fish tank in his living room that has 3 flat screen's mounted on the side. This just defy's the whole purpose of owning a fish tank.

http://citynightstv.ning.com/profiles/blogs/chad-ochocinco-sleeps-in-a-fish-tank

19. Dirk

Dirk Dwarf Catfish

Ye Good Times,

That was the Zidane headbutt match, and that was another of the reasons why this changed my outlook on soccer....... if I remember correctly there were also so many reffing errors which could have been sorted out with a third TV umpire, but soccer just wants to stay in the dark ages on this, except that the audience sees the glaring errors. So it makes a mockery of the game, I feel.

I had a look at those tanks of the football player and those tanks are crazy. He seems to use his tanks to frame the head part of his bed and to form frames aroung his TVs, what a waste.

But I have seen this all too often that people that have too much money see a fish tank, think that it looks nice and then buy one with someone to then look after them as well. I suppose that creates employment for some folks I guess, but what a waste really.

Kind regards,

Dirk

20. PappaBear

PappaBear

With regards to monster tanks I think the absolutely biggest tank I would ever want would be about 5m x 1.5m x 1.5m (5m being the length not the height like this bafoon's tank!!!)

I'm not a fan of extremely large fish...... so 5m is plenty for geophagus or frontosa (probably the largest fish I'll ever keep).

21. Reedfish

Reedfish Moderator

Marco, I am a huge Gunners fan, as is my son :laugh:

What is interesting about that set up, is that it will effectively be 4 tanks on top of each other. From what I can tell, each floor of the house will have one tank. They won't be interlinked for the fish to swim from one level to the next.

Recent Posts