SCAPE: Sponsoring Aquascapers

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Sean J, Feb 4, 2015.

1. shakier

shakier

As they said it's about growing the community not about the money.....so wouldn't GROWING mean getting new people into the hobby?

2. Guest

3. Just4me

Just4me

And a lot of exposure for your product.

4. SANKAYLA

SANKAYLA

Hey we live in a commercial world! Power to the takers of initiative, power to the owners of their own businesses, power to the first one to get to market with their product, power to the garage breeder of fish!!!!

5. OP
    Sean J

Sean J

Well, yes, the point is to get some exposure for our brand, but also to build up the local community.

We are a new brand, but it's been planned and worked on for over a year to get to this point, and the whole point was to make an exceptional quality brand affordably. And we believe we have done that. Yes, there have been teething issues, and they are currently being resolved. But we want to support a community that supports us. That's the whole point of this excercise.

We have spent a heck of a lot of time, money and resources on getting to this point, and we will continue to push the boundaries.

6. RaXoR_ZA

RaXoR_ZA

I recently got into aquariums and aquascaping, now passionatly plundering forth trying to master the art. Also using the full seachem range at the moment. Would love to spread the word and get others interested.

How do we go about posting our tanks for consideration?

7. Ryno

Ryno Kenaal baber

Its not about being a newby or a experienced scaper. Its about getting a new range into a competitive market with established brands. Im all for supporting a local product. Also a range thats developed by people who have a passion for this hobby and thats exactly what Sean dot here

8. TheEel

TheEel

If this is all about growing the hobby and giving back,then why would you expect people to put your company logo onto pictures of their aquascapes?
    Of course it's advertising!
    Not that i care or feel there is anything wrong with this;the only one talking about money here is you.

9. OP
    Sean J

Sean J

I didn't say it wasn't advertising. I'm just a little bemused by the attitude we are getting by giving stuff away for free.

Honestly, we thought that people would be a little more receptive to this idea.

10. J A X

J A X

You cant please everyone dude. People are more worried about who gets what and how they can score out of it...than the symbolism behind a local start up company supporting local talent.

Not to mention...you still run a company, which will have to make money to stay afloat, nevermind sponsoring one or two people...

11. Broder

Broder

I'm fairly sure that 99% of members here will gratefully agree that it's a brilliant proposal. It's just the nature of an open forum....

From myself... Thanks very much... I think it's awesome. It will get people to post pics of their tanks and it will make us strive to put on our "A" game.

12. OP
    Sean J

Sean J

At the end of the day, it is for exactly this reason that we are doing what we are doing.

Thank you for the support!

13. shakier

shakier

I think you have everyone support. You have mine. All I wanted to know is how does a Newby can get nominated as I still think that is the future for your company.

Just an example if I had a perfect scape and I'm using another brand am I gonna risk my scape by experimenting with new products?

But as a Newby it's what we learn from other and we are more prone to trying things till we find what works best for us.

I'm not saying you must but if you supply a Newby a year supply and it works I almost guarantee that Newby will continue using the same product.

This is a good thing and like everything good things come with the bad.

14. OP
    Sean J

Sean J

Yes, I agree, but I can't go and supply every newbie for a year. The company would be bankrupt before the year is up.

We want to see what you can do, and what you can't do, before we will sponsor anyone. We will be there to help you along the way. We can guide you and assist with advice on your scaping, etc. But you have to do the work.

Yes, if you can pull off a great scape using Seachem, then go ahead. Use whatever products you want. But if you get selected to be sponsored by Scape, then you don't have to go and buy any of the liquid supplements for a year.

So either you can go and save money buying Scape products to use, or you can buy whatever products you'd like and spend more money. Either way, it doesn't make you more, or less eligible to be sponsored by scape.

15. Jenn

Jenn Retired Moderator

Thanks Sean, that is very generous :) Also very wise to sponsor people who have proven they have the talent, skill, desire, enthusiasm, creativity and persistence to create beautiful, lasting aquascapes. Ivan is an excellent first choice :) I believe he was creating beautiful aquascapes on a part-time income while studying full-time without the benefit of sponsorship. If anybody's earned it it's Ivan. @ivan CONGRATS!!

So people, it can be done. I would recommend that anybody who hasn't yet seen any of his scapes should have a look to get some inspiration.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  16. Just4me

Just4me

Sean do you have a scape distributor in the south of JHB.

17. cheekychops

cheekychops themasterofSAURON

great Initiative!! you guys put alot into the hobby and deserve rewards for you years of dedication too!!

18. HennieRoux

HennieRoux

I say great @Sean J this is a great idea. Also, I see you only have 1 size? Could work to have a smaller size as well, for the smaller tanks, or guys that wants to try the product out?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  19. J A X

J A X

At R150 a pop...it's cheaper than the smallest Seachem bottle. So you basically get a big bottle, at a sample bottle's cost.

PS. I'm using the liquid carbon...great for BBA

20. HennieRoux

HennieRoux

Jaques wil jy rugby gaan kyk, poker speel en ciggar`s rook?

21. J A X

J A X

Quote jy nou my Facebook status?? hahaha

Recent Posts