Cuties Chilling At Home

Discussion in 'Labyrinth Fish' started by Slade, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Slade

Slade

My group of Pearls (except for Sparkles... she saw the camera come out and ran away like she always does :p) They love hanging out together, especially where they are now in the corner right above their amazon sword they call home :D

20190706_152551.jpg

2. Guest

3. MariaS

MariaS Retired Moderator

Slade likes this.
  4. OP
    Slade

Slade

They are definitely my favorite in the Gourami's family, their personally is as magnificent as their colour is <3

5. OP
    Slade

Slade

so... one of the "cuties" decided to be a little more butch, I never saw it coming o_O

20190706_152551-2.jpg

became

20190812_143951.jpg

I am certain he went from sleek silver lady chest to a red manly chest in only a few days, fast enough that I didn't even notice until he made a nest and started showing it off to the other three this weekend :p I didn't want males but whatever, he's there now and they can breed if they want but I'm not making special arrangements beside putting a sponge on the filter intake, they're staying in the community tank with the others.

A new day and Toy like this.
  6. A new day

A new day Moderator

Stunning! I unfortunately lost all three my pearl gouramis in quick succession (disease) and I miss them dearly. Next time I’ll quarantine.
    Looking at your pics of them makes me both happy and sad. I love those fish!:)

Slade likes this.
  7. Kiaan26

Kiaan26

They're probably trying to build a bubble nest underneath that leaf. Mine do the same before they breed. They have breed in my community tank before but they got a bit aggressive with any fish going near the nest especially towards my African butterfly fish. Even the female protected the nest.

Slade likes this.

Recent Posts