Tunze Care Magnet

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Teddy C, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Teddy C

Teddy C

Used my new glass cleaner for the first time today. What a pleasure to use! Will never use something else again.

IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0898.JPG

2. Guest

3. aqua dude

aqua dude

How much was it?

Sent from my SM-C101 using Tapatalk

4. OP
    Teddy C

Teddy C

I imported it together with a bunch of other stuff from Germany. It was €24. Import duty another +-14%. I paid €52 for shipping, but the total package was about 3.5kg. Bad thing is, if you import just this one item, shipping costs is more than the tool itself- €33.

Cheers!

5. Olivier

Olivier

Dam SA custom fees!
    I've been there too...
    Looking at the price, the 'Made in Germany' and the shape of this tool, I hope you can use it to get a good shave...
    I just use a sponge and a plastic card which certainly do the same job on the panels for a cost close to nothing, but I have to admit they don't look as pretty as a German shaver...

6. OP
    Teddy C

Teddy C

@Olivier - Look, I wouldn't do it, if it didn't make sense. With everything that I've ordered, including the shipping and the duties, I must have saved close to R1.5k on local, overinflated, prices.

I just this or I just that, is easy to say if you don't know the circumstances- Let me put it this way - I do not have time to go and get a ladder, every time I want to clean my almost 7 sqm glass. And no, I don't need it to shave - I will use my other German blade - a Gillette....

ancistrus likes this.
  7. Olivier

Olivier

Actually Gillette is American.
    I was just kidding in my post, I hope you got some good stuff and it did worth it.
    SA custom fees still suck...

8. Hendre

Hendre Polypterus freak

Looks good. A card still works for me, but won't work for the tanks I want :D

Recent Posts