Sterazin -internal parasites?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Muhammed, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:18 AM.

1. Muhammed

Muhammed

Hi there sorry for creating another tread..thought it would be better has its a step away from the last one...I managed to get sterazin for internal parasites from my lfs. Tried to get levamislole and some otner product some members suggested that helped them be for..I've never come across this be for ..but has anybody used sterazin for treating internal parasites ?.can be found on Google at waterlife products..

2. Guest

3. Cale24

Cale24

4. OP
    Muhammed

Muhammed

I'm only seeing the actuall worm sticking out of one guppy,out of 9 others..could I try this-move the other 9 into another quarantine tank and maybe dose the tank with seacbem paraguard..the one that us showing clear sights of the worm I could try the garlic one ..soak the tetra pellets in it and feed it to that guppy which has it and maybe the otners to..will keep the 9others which are showing it seperatly and also does it if I fine levamisole or dovaworm..It's just taking long to find the right meds and I don't want it to spread to the otner (I hope not)..just

5. OP
    Muhammed

Muhammed

Thanks for the link..I'm defiantly taking that..only chance I got..can't find notning where I am

6. Cale24

Cale24

If one of them is infected, its likely some others are. I'd treat them all in a bare bottom quarantine tank with Nemarid. If you can find a pigeon club nearby, you could get Dovaworm from them (it's usually used for birds and only the key ingredient of Levamisole is why it works).
    Paraguard doesn't help at all so rather leave that aside. I would order Nemarid online and treat as indicated on the packaging...

Good luck - make sure to remove all dead worms when they eventually fall out a few days after treating, and to follow up the treatment routine again in 3 weeks, to kill worm eggs, etc.
    And yes as you say, using something like Seachem Garlicguard will make the food more appealing and ensure they all eat enough of it. I mixed my dose with bloodworms and Bio-elite garlic shield (similar to Garlicguard) and it worked well.

7. OP
    Muhammed

Muhammed

Thanks for your help.will keep you updated..as far has seachem garlic guard...Can I use ordinary garlic and soak the pellets in that to?

8. Cale24

Cale24

No prob. I've not made my own garlic mix but a quick Google search shows options:

9. OP
    Muhammed

Muhammed

10. Barry Roux

Barry Roux

Seachem kanna plex and metro plex can be used aswell.

11. OP
    Muhammed

Muhammed

Wow.I've seen that video and another one where they fed their Betta and mollies garlic mix and the worms just started piping ou:eek:.I'm soo trying THAT

Cale24 likes this.
  12. MariaS

MariaS Moderator

Garlic is a natural antibiotic, detoxifier and dewormer

In severe cases the garlic might not be enough but certainly an excellent preventative

As for removing the visibly affected fish, no.... you treat the whole tank
    If one fish has it your tan has it, be it visible or in egg stage, its there just like Ich
    Its like having litter of puppies and you deworm one and not the rest of the litter and mom

Good luck

Muhammed likes this.
  13. OP
    Muhammed

Muhammed

Thanks.I've tried the garlic..just waiting for it to sit..I squeezed some out and mixed it with tetra bits..as for the dewormer cale suggested on the link above ,doesent the dewormer push out the worm and I suck them up with a siphon..between sterazin and other brands lfs sells..Will dewormer still be the best?,as I can use that as my routine for new arrivals in a quarantine tank in the future so I don't get this callamunus worm again

14. MariaS

MariaS Moderator

Yes you can use the dewormer on new arrials as a matter of routne, do that buy just make sure it covers what you want it to cover
    Doesnt help to use a product that doesnt cover callamanus worms if that is what you battle with

15. OP
    Muhammed

Muhammed

Actually my first time encounting calamanus worm..only serious diseas I've had was ich a long time ago..well if it cover all the different internal parasites that includes callamanus I'm :D,thanks to everyone who gave me advice on this serious matter. .can't thank you enough..Will keep you'll updated ​

16. MariaS

MariaS Moderator

All best, and yes, keep us posted

17. David Kusner

David Kusner

I have heard of some guys using dog de-wormer because it has praziquantel in it. And its easy to get.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3615395/

Basically thats what Hikari Prazipro is.

I think the Marlton brand of dog dewormer has this active ingredient and most supermarkets carry it.

Also the Bob Martins one definitely has it, this is the package description of the puppy one:
    Active Ingredients (per tablet): Praziquantel 50 mg; Pyrantel Pamoate 140 mg & Oxantel Pamoate 545 mg.
    Efficacy: Kills roundworms, tapeworms, hookworms and whipworms
    Check out this video as well good info:

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

18. OP
    Muhammed

Muhammed

Thanks David Kusner ..will check it out..trying to be my hands on these stuff..I've know Potts of people recommend API products but can't find it anywhere locally

19. OP
    Muhammed

Muhammed

Ok so the feeding went well soaked the Terra granules into the garlic past/juic..they at it all but since it's only a 10L tank it's starting to smell like garlic now..Can suggestions I it could possible harm the fish for change water parameters drastically? .
    Will do a water change tmr

Recent Posts