Software

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic chat' started by solex69, May 19, 2009.

1. solex69

solex69

Ola

Just thought about something.

Does anyone know of software that you can install that allows you to scape tanks? IE, you scape your tank and the software dumps all the info together to give you an end result of how your tank should look like.

The app should of course have all the AI built in wrt filtration & lighting requirements based on the tank size & plant selection
    The final outcome should not only contain a picture, but also the list of recommendations on everything you'll need to purchase. Plans should also include sort of a step-by-step instruction sheet on how to build it. Heck, it should even predict how long you will take to get to the end result.

Software should have pics of all plants & fish and also allow future additions of these. Software should allow you to build tropical, marine & brackish tanks.

A further add-in to the software could be to design a tank for breeding for a particular fish.

Software should also allow you to keep a log file of setup progress after you've done your design.

Another plug-in to the software is a help section (ie, fish diseases, plant problems, algae issues, etc etc).

So, what do you think about this? You guys know of any software that can do this?

If there is no software like this, it'll be a good idea for a programmer to get cracking at it and make some serious Zim dollars! :) Of course, I'd want a piece of pie :) lol

Chiao
    D

2. Guest

3. Rory

Rory Administrator

Never heard of anything like that but sounds awesome! :p

Seriously the only aquarium related software I've come across has all been pretty crappy...

Let's just say I'm supposed to be working on something similar but progress has been pretty much non-existent for the last few months.

4. OP
    solex69

solex69

I seriously think that someone will make some serious moola if he designs such an application. It'll take some time to do, but once done, he's in the world cup

5. Zafgak

Zafgak Old fart

:cool:Hi Dale - write a Functional Specification and Ill get the college to include it as an excersize for their students:bigsmile:

6. Zoom

Zoom Retired Moderator

Hey Solex,

There is a "software" you can get to do just that. Unfortunately you have to plug in ALL THE information you can give, as well as possibly give it your pictures.

It also doesn't give you necessarily the best output, or best idea, but you then get to choose.

Type www.tropicalaquarium.co.za in your interner browser... it's an onlie software... so far it's been brilliant for me, and hasn't cost me too much. (Besides all the stuff it told me to buy!)

7. Zafgak

Zafgak Old fart

Very Clever Zoom :bigsmile: - but I would label it "Forumware"

8. Zoom

Zoom Retired Moderator

We might land up with people looking for clothing...

Recent Posts