Piranha

Discussion in 'Blacklisted species' started by lep2soma, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Stinger

Stinger

So I geuss my small tank is my biggest problem. I think I will have to go with what I want more and that's a planted tank with rocks. So I will jus go with peaceful fish that don't like plants.

2. Guest

3. top dog

top dog

plants agro cichlid never going to work long term
    1.5 meter tank not going to work for more than 1 fish or pair at best of agro cichlids long term
    look at fish like demon earth eaters or sevrums still have nice size but friendly and plant friendly too but will still dig
    stay away from central american cichlids in a tank that size as most long term will kill each other start looking at fish keeping more years instead of weeks or months, just cause it works for today does not mean it is good or rite.
    Big fish live for 10 years and need keep that in mind
    they deserve to be kept happy for that long at least

4. top dog

top dog

Wolf is a dovii stay far away to aggresive gets to large and will make you bleed
    zontas is pretty chilled and pair should work in 5 foot for fisrt year atleast
    flowerhorns, jags, midas all going to bring heart ache unless you want a monster wet pet

5. Morelia

Morelia

What exactly is the thought process behind wanting a big predator? other than being able to say it eats fish? instead of looking for "predator" find a fish you like the look of and go from there.

Big cichlids will always be a potential problem with tank mates in that size tank. rather look at smaller oddball fish. If you want something that you can still feed the odd fish too check out polypterus species or some of the bigger spiny eels, fires or tyre tracks. Theyre all spectacular when grown and don't destroy plants as big cichlids would, with the added bonus that you can put other fish in the same tank with them.

6. top dog

top dog

chocolates are great once they get big nice pastle color and males have huge heads get big around 30cm
    found them to be less outwardly aggressive than oscars and more inwardly aggressive thou
    what i mean is they fight other fish of different species less than oscars but fight each other a bit more
    easy to keep not crazy agro and breed quite easy

7. Stinger

Stinger

Doesn't look like I'm going to have any luck with any agro fish. So I've decided community tank with plants and rocks. Maybe neons mollies swordtails guppies.

8. MariaS

MariaS Retired Moderator

Thanks @top dog... The one I saw was about.... 14..15..cm, as you say large head but the colours were absolutely beautifull.. shades of pastel pink and blue.. really a stunning fish

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  9. OP
    lep2soma

lep2soma

I was going through an old hard drive last month, I found some footage... So I edited and uploaded to YouTube:
    Haha I forgot about these monsters!

Recent Posts