New member, old tank doing a trim

Discussion in 'New members' started by Dylan S, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Dylan S

Dylan S

Hey all,

Technically not a new member since I forgot my old details, but I scrolled through the recent posts and recognise a few members names from back in the day. I used to be on another forum as well under the Dylan Savage handle.

Anyways I still have the 90cm planted setup and it's about as low maintenance as you can get. Started many years back and went through many phases. As it stands now the tank is pretty self sufficient. Non nutrient substrate, no ferts, no CO2, hardly do water changes. All the moss and plants are on the wood. Nothing in the gravel except for HC.

Starting this thread coz I did a trim and have a whole bunch of trimmings to sell of anubias and Bucephalandra types. Now before I put it on the classifieds section I just wanted to know from you guys what a fair price would be and how to sell it. Do I cut them into small sections and sell them in those little tubs or do I just keep as big pieces etc?

I recently saw a tub of anubias Nana petite at a fish shop for a crazy amount. It was literally a few cm's wide with like 5 leaves. If I cut what I have into sections that size I would have dozens of tubs.20190421_185225-01.jpeg

2. Guest

3. A new day

A new day Moderator

Spectacular @Dylan S !

My gut feel is that some people might possibly be interested in buying bigger pieces so perhaps keep some in tact and divide some up. From an ADA in vitro pot of anubias I could get 5-6 starter pieces if it helps wit pricing.

There is a shortage of buces and anubias at the moment. Not sure but perhaps an aquarium store eg @RBM AQUATICS might be interested in buying from you.

I am interested in buying buces from you, and also looking for anubias bonsai.

Dylan S and ZubairKhan like this.
  4. ZubairKhan

ZubairKhan

Also keen, be kind heheh

Dylan S likes this.
  5. OP
    Dylan S

Dylan S

Ok cool. I'll keep some bigger sections as well. Will take them out and put pics up in a classifieds post. Still doesn't help with pricing though! Like here's a bigger section of anubias and a buce. What is a fair price for these and then i can get an idea of what to do with the rest. 20200904_114026.jpg 20200904_113815.jpg

A new day likes this.
  6. A new day

A new day Moderator

Beautiful!

7. TheGrissom

TheGrissom

I would say about R100 for the anubais. It looks very healthy and a decent size. No idea about the buce

8. nate

nate

Which Buce variants do you have?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts