1. All ads must contain photo's of actual equipment/livestock for sale. Please read the rules before selling.

For Sale: Large fish for sale

Discussion in 'Livestock Classifieds' started by gerald5ive, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerald5ive

gerald5ive

Hi friends,

I recently had a chance to get some fish that I like but it came as a package deal. All or nothing. So i will be keeping the fish I wanted and selling the ones i dont need. So I will have a few fish for sale. Im also not sure on prices so it would be nice if some guys here can help me with ballpark figures.

So first up is a Pangasius. Hes large. about 45 - 50cm. Way to big for my 1.8m tank. He has some sort of lesion on his nose. I will try and get a clearer pic.

Giant Gourami. Around 40cm. Really good condition. Im kinda liking this guy.

I also have a red tail catfish. also around 45cm. Will upload a pic later.

and Maybe a little pleco.

Regards
    G

20190217_174712.jpg

20190217_174726.jpg

20190217_174655.jpg

2. Guest

3. OP
    gerald5ive

gerald5ive

Forgot to mention Location is fourways

4. top dog

top dog

in truth for the redtail and hi fin i think your best option would be to donate to jhb zoo.
    Gourami you should be able to find a home for, think around R1000 and a 1000ltr tank should be minimum you should try rehome him too

5. MariaS

MariaS Retired Moderator

@gerald5ive ,

Maybe just update your location so that people know which area you are from

As for advice on prices.... without meaning to offend you...unfortunately the fish you landed up with, that you don't want, when they get to those sizes.. mostly no one else wants them either not even for free so their reselling value is not much.

As @top dog said they need huge tanks/ ponds but also, especially the Pangassius and Red tail catfish, they basically become killing machines and will eat almost anything in the tank that they can so even people with huge tanks don't want them
    Depending on where you situated maybe speak to the LFS that you usually go to and see if they will take them off you

The Gourami will get huge as well and cant just be kept with any fish either but, you might be a bit luckier finding a home for him

Good luck..

ancistrus likes this.
  6. OP
    gerald5ive

gerald5ive

Thanks for the advice @top dog & @MariaS. My location was updated in post #2. No offence taken @MariaS, It was a good enough deal for me, to go for, just to get the cichlids i wanted.

7. MariaS

MariaS Retired Moderator

Sorry.. I missed the Location on the post..

Put it on your profile then its there all the time

I understand..
    The other place you can try for those two fish is Wazeer's
    People on the Forum (to the best of my knowledge) don't really have ponds etc where they can house them but there are people out there that do and Wazeers is well known for taking back big fish and rehoming them so if all else fails, try them

8. OP
    gerald5ive

gerald5ive

Awesome, Ill try them. Thanks @MariaS

MariaS likes this.

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.