Ideas for interesting fish for my latest tank

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by FishRMan, Oct 25, 2010.

1. FishRMan

FishRMan

Hi guys let me start off by saying what an awesome site this is. Finally all the advice I need without it all relating to overseas pet shops, water conditions etc. I decided to finally give in to the MTS and buy myself a 300l tank to setup as a low tech planted tank having had a 60l running for the last 18 months. Unfortunately my 60l suddenly felt very insecure about itself so it decided to crack and dump its water on the floor:eek: so now all the fish that were in there are being transferred this weekend to the new 300l. It is 3 Zebra danios and 1 dwarf gourami. Now onto my real question. Does anyone have any ideas for some interesting fish that I could put into the new tank Im thinking of something like kissing gouramis or angels almost like a centre piece for the tank then a few smaller fish to sort of fill in the gaps. Im not to keen on anything that could possible damage the current fish since these guys have been through a lot this week having to live in a plastic dustbin while I find the time to sort out their new home. Specs for the tank are an external canister filter (cascade 1000) 2 30w lights and 2 300w heaters. Substrate will be PFP capped with PFS sand which I might add is one heck of a mission to wash. Your help is greatly appreciated

2. Guest

3. oscar freak

oscar freak

i dont know about angels and zebra danios have never kept the two together.why not get a mate for your dwarf gourami.how bout 4-6 angels and a small shoal of some kind of tetra not small enough to be angel food.i would also go for moonlight gouramis before kissing ones though

4. Vis

Vis Gerhard

OK what I have been waiting to see for a long time is someone with a barb tank.
    All kinds, Tiger barbs, green tiger barbs, golden(sunrsise) tiger barbs and then some rosy barbs etc.

A big fat school of barbs.

Ok just might have just convinced myself to go this route when my tetras go to that other place.

O and if your the luckies person ever to find some odessa barbs

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  5. OP
    FishRMan

FishRMan

I think I have decided to go with a small school of angels probably about 4 then another dwarf gourami and a nice big school of tetras lastly a couple of corys. Btw just doubled checked the size and realized its only 250l not 300l

Recent Posts