Fire Eel

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kyle81, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Kyle81

Kyle81

Good day folks,

I am hoping for a little advice.

My fire eel needs a new home and I want to be careful where I take him or who I give him to.

Essentially I simply don’t have the space or time to look after him properly any more but don’t want to see him harmed by making the wrong choice at this point.

Does anyone know of a great shop in the cape or someone who would give him a great home?

As soon as I am able I will provide pictures etc. He is roughly 5 years old and friendly on his terms ;)

Thanks!

2. Guest

3. SalmonAfrica

SalmonAfrica Batfish

I can't provide assistance on the new home aspect, but there is a little you can do if you're worried about your pet's new home.

Any prospective takers can be asked to send a picture/video of their setup, and give a brief overview of the new home. That way you can get some idea about the safety and suitability of the new environment for your fire eel. Additionally, if you do select a suitable owner, you can hand over a list of preferred foods, behaviours to look out for, and other tidbits of info that will help ease the transition for both parties.

Not a lot of fishkeepers do this, mind you, but it's something to consider and can only benefit your pet in the long term.

MariaS likes this.
  4. Hendre

Hendre Polypterus freak

@SeanoK has a large tank and plenty of experience with fish, he may be able to help :)

SeanoK likes this.
  5. Blade

Blade

If you were based closure I would of taken him as I just set up my 500L corner tank qgain. I have a fire eel for the past 3 years and he is so aweeome and has the name of baby eel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. SeanoK

SeanoK

Hendre likes this.

Recent Posts