Filtration - help needed please...

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Aqua, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Aqua

Aqua Discus

Please can someone advise me, I have this 'hood filter' and there are two things concerning me, 1. the nozzle where the bubbles and current comes through, has a very weak current and not many bubbles, it is very intermittent...I have taken it out and opened it and put it back and it is still the same, and then 2. the water then gets taken up through the filter media but where it enters it, some of the water drops back into the tank as opposed to flowing through to the other side back into the tank.. are these things to be concerned about? I do think that there should be more current like it was when I bought it a week ago... thanks! [​IMG]

2. Guest

3. Sean J

Sean J

All your water should run through the filter. Make sure there are no blockages. Try cleaning it out and see if this changes things.

You certainly should be worried that your filter isn't working properly after only 1 week!

4. OP
    Aqua

Aqua Discus

Hi Slagter,

It is working, and most of the water is flowing through the filtration system, but there is an over flow for want of a better word, which then goes back into the tank instead of going through the ammonia remover and carbon filter bags as the rest of the water does, it is very difficult for me to explain what I mean... then the current is also very weak in the nozzle that is inside the tank, I have opened it and checked that there are no blockages and all seems fine... maybe I should go back to the LPS and see what they say.. thanks for the reply.

5. Sean J

Sean J

I think maybe you should take it back. I don't know the size of your tank, but there must be some kind of strain on the filtration system. Maybe it's the pump itself? But it certainly sounds like a blockage of some kind. Maybe remove all the filter material and see if the problem persists? If it does, then the filter sounds like it may not be the best solution.

I assume it's a Jebo tank?

6. OP
    Aqua

Aqua Discus

Hi Slagter,

Its a Heto tank 220lt, and the filter is built in... I have not had a chance to contact the LPS yet, been hectic at work, but will make a turn there and take it with me asap.. I have the Boyu filter that is working just fine in the meantime though, I think they will just have to replace it...they gave me a 1 year guarantee at least...

Cheers,
    Aqua

Recent Posts