Dophin c 500 Canister Filter

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Fox127, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Fox127

Fox127

Hi everyone!

I'm farely new to the forum and would like some advise on this product.

I don't own a tank that will utilize such a canister, but I'm looking into buying this canister for future tanks.

What is your opinion on this product and what will the minimum capacity tank be to use this canister with?

Thanks for the help, I'm looking forward to hearing from you all.

2. Guest

3. SalmonAfrica

SalmonAfrica Batfish

Hi and welcome.

I'm not familiar with that specific model, but normally the liter rating is on the side of the box it comes in. Bear in mind, though, that these rating are made when they test the filter out... when it's empty. So it does not take into account the resistance that the filter media will produce.

As a general rule, try to get it to match the needs of your fish. Most fish will be fine with between 3 to 5 times turnover rate per hour (i.e.: if you've got a 100 litre tank, try to get a filter that gets 300 to 500 litres per hour). Messier fish, more demanding fish, and fish that like faster flowing waters might appreciate 6 to 7 times turnover. This is pretty much what I try to stick with.

Regards,

Recent Posts