As promised . . .

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by Amazonian, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Amazonian

Amazonian Severums, Discus, Uaru's

Hi y'all,

I am new to the forum and it is my first time ever on a fish forum - only being member of bike forums . . .

I live in Secunda and has always had cichlids as long as I can remember. Started off with Blue Acaras in Hillbrow in my student years - then one could still stay alive there . . . so sad how . . . never mind.

Through the years kept and/or bred Green Terrors, Brichardis, Discus, Scats, Oscars, Keyhole cichs, all kinds of Gouramis, Midas and of course Jewels and Convicts.

About 2 years ago I started with my favourite fish - Severums and Uaru's.

I bought all of them as babies all over at different fs's and still growing out most of them. Bought all my tanks second hand (in time) and set up a small "fish room" in my garage. Not looking to breed necessarily but will be a bonus.

I promised a few clips of my fish yesterday, so hope you enjoy . . .

PS: hope you can view the vids . . . my first time to use tt.//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a78a593d2b63/videocompress-026-20180205_191708.mp4//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a78a5a788f2a/videocompress-021-20180205_191731.mp4//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a78a6f0619bb/videocompress-021-20180205_191546.mp4//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a78a744078bb/videocompress-034-20180205_191237.mp4

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. Guest

3. MariaS

MariaS Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum

I like your choice of fish.

Discus.. well.. they just stunning..
    I love my electric blue acaras.. not only are they beautiful but i call them the little Jack Russels of the fish world.... they probably 12cm but they act like they 50cm and everyone leaves them alone..
    They never start a fight with the big fish but its hilarious to see them stand their ground and the big fish back off and leave them alone

My first fish years ago were Oscars... love them... even though they can be a handful and at the moment I dont have any in my tank..
    I love severums as a good generally peaceful species, there are some stunning ones although not always easy to find.

Uarus are stunning... I had two but unfortunately had to re-home them at the time
    They ate like wolves and grew extremely fast... my Arowana was still very small at the time and they just wouldnt let her eat.
    I dont know where they managed to fit so much food but everything i tried to feed her landed in their tummies
    I was very sad to let them go and i still miss them.

I dont know about everyone else but unfortunately, I couldnt see your videos... probably because Im not on tapatalk.... I think youtube is probably easier for everyone to be able to see?

Reedfish likes this.
  4. Reedfish

Reedfish Moderator

Fantastic range of fish you keep

5. OP
    Amazonian

Amazonian Severums, Discus, Uaru's

Thanx, could you watch the vids ?

6. Reedfish

Reedfish Moderator

Yes, I could

7. Mike Roos