Amazon Sword

Discussion in 'Aquatic plants' started by Slade, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Slade

Slade

My Sword is doing really well in pfs and with tabs, but it has grown too big, even for my 4 foot tank. It has grown well past my 40cm high tank height and wants to go further still, it's even taken to pruning itself by burning its leaves on the light in the canopy :oops: Is there a way to make it grow smaller and/or sideways to better maintain it or is my best option to swop it out for other plants that don't grow 40cm+ tall.

I am reluctant to remove it since my Bristlenose loves to attach itself under the leaves so if removing it is the "best choice" are there any suggestions on another big leaf plant that doesn't grow so tall (preferably low maintenance/ low tech as I do not want to dose too many ferts and don't want to use CO2 either)?

2. Guest

3. Pierré Schoonraad

Pierré Schoonraad Rainbow Freak

You can always trim the leaves before they go submersed. There are other swords though that grows much smaller than the one you have. Havn't had much experiance with swords as I have a tendincy to kill them.

Slade likes this.
  4. OP
    Slade

Slade

Ha ha I get you, to ne honest I'm surprised I haven't killed it yet :p when you say trim the leaf, you mean cut it right at the base of the stalk... I'm just worried about killing the whole plant :rolleyes:

Recent Posts