1. All ads must contain photo's of actual equipment/livestock for sale. Please read the rules before selling.

For Sale: 3ft Tank with everything

Discussion in 'Equipment Classifieds' started by Toxxyc, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toxxyc

Toxxyc

Hi guys,

So this was a hobby I really wanted to work, but with my kids it's just not possible. The time I need to spend on it isn't there, and I actually had to move it into a quiet corner just to get it away from the 2-year old who keeps banging the glass and "feeding the fish" with whatever he can get. It just isn't working. I'll have to wait until the kids grow up and I can try again.

What I have:
    1 x 3ft Tank, as pictured in my thread: https://www.tropicalaquarium.co.za/threads/my-new-3ft-92cm-tank.36184/

This includes:
    Tank and lighting fitting. Fitted is a 20W FloGlo tube and there's another one here (not sure how bright it is, how new, etc.)
    Corner filter with charcoal and filter floss
    1 x Big sponge filter
    1 x Small sponge filter
    1 x Submersed water pump, one of those fountain pumps, circulating water at the bottom
    1 x Water pump that hangs from the side of the tank, at the top, circulating water at the top
    2 x Dual air pumps, one really old with one strong and one weak side and one brand new Dophin with adjustable settings
    1 x Single air pump, old and pretty weak but it works for smaller filters and stuff
    Decor and stuff as in pictures, plus more
    1 x Plant in a pot, not sure what it is but it's throwing pieces with roots like mad these days
    Several slivers of Vallis in the back, growing happily
    Stuff to clean, like a magnetic glass cleaner, 2 x gravel vacuums and I don't know what else
    4 x Testing Kits, for pH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate
    3 x Heaters, 1 x 50W (ideal for a breeding tank) with temperature adjustment, 1 x 100W and 1 x 250W (also with temperature adjustment). I also have a 150W one but I'd like to keep that one for future projects (distilling). If you really want it, I'll throw it in.

The fish included are:
    4 x Neon Tetras
    5 x GMO Widows, in various colours
    1 x Balloon Molly
    1 x Pearl Gourami
    2 x Angelfish, probably Zebra Angels, a breeding pair (they LOVE to spawn)
    1 x Angelfish fry (about a month old). Last surviving buddy from the batch. The fact that my fry keeps dying is another reason I want to move the tank

And some other bits and bobs I have around here. I'm pretty sure I have 2 x BOYU Hang On filters, one bigger and one larger here as well, looking pretty new.

The lid of the tank is old, brittle and wonky and modded to crap, but it works. I spliced a bunch of wires for pumps and stuff together so I can have it all on one plug, but it can probably be reversed if needed.

I have no idea what these things go for. Is R2k a good bet? I'd like to let it all go to someone who can use and care for this like I would like to.

2. Guest

3. ziyaadis

ziyaadis

Hi there, will you accept R1500 for all?

4. OP
    Toxxyc

Toxxyc

Hi Ziyaadis, I spent some time last weekend cleaning the tank and getting it in a little better state. Wife and I decided that we're going to try to keep it for now. The fish are beautiful and we're getting fond of the little buggers. I'll unfortunately have to withdraw the ad.

5. ziyaadis

ziyaadis

Hi Toxxyc. Thank you for letting me know. all the best with the tank bud :)

Toxxyc likes this.
  6. Whoknows

Whoknows Moderator

This is awesome news. :thumbup:

7. Whoknows

Whoknows Moderator

Please take mine then :lol::lol:

8. A new day

A new day Moderator

Great! I’ll close the add then you can start / continue a tank thread :thumbup:

Toxxyc and Whoknows like this.

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.