21 + 14 Day lockdown

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic chat' started by TheGrissom, Mar 27, 2020.

1. TheGrissom

TheGrissom

Hi everyone,

I figured I would probably be posting updates fairly regularly and since we are all going through this that I would create a thread so we could all share our experiences and frustrations and general chat regarding the lock down.

2. Guest

3. A new day

A new day Moderator

Lockdown hasn’t even properly started and my tanks have already had a lot more water changes than they used to :lol:
    Not necessarily a good thing to overdo it, though

T. Guppy likes this.
  4. fux940510

fux940510

I had to come home half way through a week long holiday in Gouritzmond, just south of Mossel Bay. It's a bit of a mixed bag of emotions, as i'm annoyed to have driven so far for so little, but i 100% agree that the lock down is necessary.

Next few days are going to be spent doing boring maintenance stuff (mowing lawns, weeding flower beds, few small things around the house), then working remotely until lockdown is over. Biggest peeve is that i can't go for a cycle or walk my dogs, so i suspect that is going to be the most prevalent problem personally. That and i can't get started on the dirted tank now...

A new day likes this.
  5. Cale24

Cale24

I'm still seeing people driving about from my 4th floor apartment balcony in Sea Point. Unbelievable.
    At least we have a great hobby to keep us entertained. Besides that, doing the usual things. GF and I are playing a lot more backgammon and chess too haha.

A new day likes this.
  6. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Corydorasfan(atic)

We don't have a real lockdown here at the moment. People are advised to stay/work at home as often as possible. Schools.amd restaurants etc.... are closed..

3 months ago I decided to live seperated from my wife (alone in an appartment now) and I have an office for me alone as well.
    So I did a lot of social distancing before.
    Only issue us that my tanks are still in my home.

Another thing is that 2 months ago I got a beautiful granddaughter Niya, which I can't visit right now grrrrrrr. That's my biggest "thing".

But think we should realise we are blessed with mobile phones and internet right now.
    If this outbreak would have been in the seventees or eightees we should have to use letters telegrams and faxes to keep in contact. Now I get 10 pics and vids a day of Niya hahaha.

Stay safe all of you !

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    MariaS, Innocent159, T. Guppy and 2 others like this.
  7. Pezulu

Pezulu

I have gone into lockdown with mixed feelings.
    The lockdown doesn't change much for me, as I am going to be doing what I do most of the time anyway.
    I usually sit at home in my office, surrounded by my tanks, and either play on my PC, browse the interwebs or spend time gazing at my tanks trying to see the plants grow.

It will be great having my wife at home more often during the day for the next 3 weeks.
    She has received the necessary permits and such to travel for her work, but they have been told to work from home as much as possible.
    She is a marketing representative for a large private pathological company, and they are one of 3 companies in the private sector that do the actual Covid-19 tests.

MariaS, Innocent159, T. Guppy and 2 others like this.
  8. A new day

A new day Moderator

A bit earlier I had 2nd breakfast (in between keeping kids entertained) while watching the corys spawn :)

DoubleDutch likes this.
  9. A new day

A new day Moderator

@DoubleDutch are you considering moving some of your tanks across?

10. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Corydorasfan(atic)

Yeah, but not sure what is going to happen. Things haven't been settled yet.
    If the conclusion will be that I'll buy the house, they can stay.

Another option is to put some in my office.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

A new day likes this.
  11. OP
    TheGrissom

TheGrissom

So traffic was a dream this morning. 10 minutes to work. Been a fairly busy day. All the Aspen staff that can work at home are working from home. Makes the floor I work on very quiet and a lot less stressful letting me get on with my tasks in peace.

A new day and T. Guppy like this.
  12. T. Guppy

T. Guppy

I woke up this morning and could hear absolutely no traffic from the highway and was wondering what it must be like traveling with the roads so quiet

A new day likes this.
  13. andries

andries

No lock-down for me. Essential worker on the mine, but busy installing 12 v LED back-up lights/strips in house. A moot point came up yesterday in that,... Should the essential worker/workers currently working at home, be compensated more for work/overtime etc. than the people staying at home. Or is it just our bad luck?

T. Guppy and A new day like this.
  14. A new day

A new day Moderator

Yes it’s an interesting point.
    However most entrepreneurs will be taking a massive knock in income. Eiter immediately or as a lag effect. Some people might have chosen to continue working to avoid that (not saying it’s a good or bad thing, just reality). Hubby is working from home, but much harder than before- connecting to his team who now WFH, trying to pacify and help clients. Many clients may go out of business which means an eventual loss of income for him.

15. Hendre

Hendre Polypterus freak

Lockdown is now a time for me to learn new cooking skills and rediscover my love for minecraft :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. A new day

A new day Moderator

Nice! An asset in a lockdown home!

Hendre likes this.
  17. A new day

A new day Moderator

Friends of ours are going through a really nasty divorce and in lockdown together (with their 2 kids). I’m counting my blessings...

DoubleDutch likes this.
  18. T. Guppy

T. Guppy

@Hendre that looks good! You could start a nursery for your carnivorous plants with a little restaurant attached after this lock down :lol:

@A new day wow that's hectic... Hopefully they'll make something work during this time :confused:

A new day and Hendre like this.
  19. pierreschoonraad

pierreschoonraad

Awake on day 2, btw it's 4:30 now. Being less active sucks. Was planning to sort out the mess in the neglected fish room. Only problem is that there is 14 empty tanks still standing around. Just sucks, not realy, when you can't keep your hands of them.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

LetMinnow, debesh.r, T. Guppy and 2 others like this.
  20. A new day

A new day Moderator

@pierreschoonraad fabulous, sounds as if you have plenty of projects to keep busy with. Jealous! Looking forward to lots of updates.
    Tank looks beautiful :thumbup:
    Do you still have all your hardscape etc lying around?

21. pierreschoonraad

pierreschoonraad

Thanks. This was actually done with wood I bought, without having space in any running tank. I don't call it hording, it's called being prepared. . At the moment I actually don't even have space for that tank. It's sitting in the middle of my desk. Was actually thinking of it as a long term project with a moss wall growing on the back. Will just need to make space somewhere for it. Still have some wood left so it's very tempting.

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

MariaS, T. Guppy and A new day like this.

Recent Posts